New Product Reinvents How Wine is Packaged, Served and Enjoyed
Moorpark, Calif., March 24, 2014 – Miravante Brands LLC and Kretek International today unveiled Nuvino™(www.nuvino.com), a new line of premium single-serve wine in a pouch from vineyards around the world. Designed for wine lovers, novices and everyone in between, Nuvino is designed to meet a growing consumer demand for:
- Single-Serve Wine – Ability to enjoy a full glass of wine (187 ML) anywhere, anytime without opening an entire bottle;
- Convenience – Light, portable, unbreakable and resealable;
- Quality, international varietals – Opportunity to experience premium wines from around the world. The initial line will include wines from four different countries;
- Ease of use – With no corkscrew, simply drink from the spout or pour the wine into a glass; and
- Eco-friendly packaging – Innovative PreservPak preserves wine for a minimum of 12 months.
“Nuvino goes anywhere, anytime – one glass at a time – from intimate settings such as picnics, poolside and golf outings to larger gatherings such as outdoor concerts, sporting events and tailgating, ” said Jason Carignan, President of Miravante Brands LLC, the company that developed Nuvino. “Our research shows that today’s discriminating consumers, in particular a skyrocketing number of Millennials, are seeking wines that allow them to experience unique varieties from around the world, but with the simplicity of a convenient, single-serve format.”
“Nuvino is not only convenient for individuals on-the-go, but is also ideal for the hospitality and travel industry, sports and entertainment venues and other recreational facilities that are always seeking for more ways to capture and grow on-premise wine sales,” added Carignan. “For servers and consumers, the Nuvino wine pouch is a safe, unbreakable, lightweight package that doesn’t require a corkscrew to open. This allows hotels, casinos and resorts to offer premium wine throughout their facilities (pools, tennis courts, in-room) safely and in single-serving size.”
Expected to retail for $3.99 MSRP, Nuvino is launching with four premium varietals:
- Sauvignon Blanc from Chile’s Maule Valley – Has fresh aromas of white flowers and crisp citrus notes combined with green apples and white peaches;
- Chardonnay from South Africa’s Cape Winelands – The zesty, unoaked wine features a nice balance of vanilla, pineapple and ripe peach flavors;
- Malbec from Mendoza’s Maipú wine region in Argentina – This deep violet wine explodes with plum, black currant and vanilla notes; and
- Red Blend from Australia’s Swan Hill wine region – Features silky smooth flavors of plums, mulberries and hints of oak.
Nuvino is manufactured and distributed under an agreement between Miravante Brands, LLC and Kretek International, a privately-held business that manufactures and distributes products to more than 100,000 convenience stores and the top national retailers in all 50 U.S. states and Canada.
“As a leading manufacturer and distributor, Kretek is always looking for strategic initiatives to expand its portfolio,” said Mark Cassar, CEO of Kretek International. “We are excited about our partnership with Miravante and about the innovative Nuvino, which is the perfect flagship product for our growing wine and spirits portfolio.”
Miravante and Kretek are already receiving strong interest from distributors and retailers and are actively seeking new wine distributors across the country.
For photos and images of Nuvino, please visit: http://www.nuvino.com/brand-assets
About Miravante Brands LLC
Founded in 2013, Miravante Brands, LLC is an independent brand development company dedicated to bringing innovative new wine and spirits products to market. The company’s first product, Nuvino, is a single-serve, premium wine in a pouch designed to meet a growing consumer interest in international varietals available in smart, convenient packaging. For more information, visit Nuvino.com.
About Kretek International
Founded in 1982, Kretek International, Inc. is a privately held distribution and marketing company specializing in convenience, drug, gas, liquor, mass market and club stores. Based in Moorpark, Calif., Kretek’s mission is to continuously provide superior quality and value in a growing range of imported tobacco products and accessories, and personal products for its customers and consumers. For more information, visit Kretek.com.